You can now download the welcome brochure as a PDF file (note that you will receive a printed version along with your welcome pack).
You can reach Brussels:
- By plane: Brussels airport is the international airport that serves Brussels.
- By train: the raileurope website offers a comprehensive service for booking train tickets in Europe. Several international high-speed services call at Bruxelles-midi, the major station in Brussels:
- By road: see google maps for an itinerary by road. You can also consider using the eurolines coach service.
The conference will take place on the Plaine campus of the Université libre de Bruxelles (ULB), which can easily be reached by train, car or by public transportation (click picture to enlarge):
- A map of the campus is available here
- Here are the main options to reach the campus from
Information to reach the campus from Brussels
- By taxi: Taxis are permanently available in front of the arrival hall. Please check with the driver that she/he accepts credit cards if you need to. More info here!
- By train (recommended): There are up to six train per hour to Brussels central station (Bruxelles-central / Brussel centraal). From the central station, you can take the underground, line 5, direction "Hermann-Debroux", and get out at "Delta".
- By bus: The STIB-MIVB (public transportation system in Brussels) runs the airport line. The bus stop is located at level 0. You should take line 12 (weekdays, before 8PM) or 21 (after 8PM). You can get out at "Schuman", from which you can connect to the underground, line 5, direction "Hermann-Debroux", and get out at "Delta". Please note that the regular STIB 10 or 5 trips tickets are not valid for the airport line! However, you can buy a 72 hours "Jump" ticket (18 euros) which is valid for the airport line and the whole STIB-MIVB network.
- Information to reach the campus by car are here. However, please note that parking places are hard to find !
- To reach the campus by public transportation (from
Bruxelles midi station, for instance), take the
and get out at station Delta. It has
an exit directly on the campus, just behind the newspaper
shop (see "métro Delta" on the
can also take bus
A full map of the public transportation service is available here.
There are several options for the tickets:
- 10 or 5 journeys "Jump" ticket: each validation of the ticket allows you to travel during 1 hour no the whole network except the airport line. Price: 14 euros (10 journeys), 8 euros (5 journeys). More info here!.
- "Jump" 24h, 48h or 72h ticket: allows unlimited travel during its whole validity, including on the airport line. More info here!
Special rates for accommodation are not available anymore as the conference is now very close. You can still contact our partner, the Brussels booking desk for advice:
You can also call the Brussels Booking Desk : 0032 2 563 61 04 (Monday to Friday, during office hours, CMT)
A great source of tourist information is the Visit Brussels website.