Registration of external collaborators and visitors at the VUB

[id : 290] [11/02/2014] [hits : 61453]


External visitors and collaborators can obtain an e-mail address and NetID at the Vrije Universiteit Brussel provided they are registered by the university's administration.

Registration by the VUB personnel department

To have yourself registered as an external co-worker at the Vrije Universiteit Brussel, ask the head of your department or promotor to register you with the VUB personnel department.

The registration form can be found by logging on onto the Intranet of the VUB Personnel Department.


Registration by the Computing Centre

In very EXCEPTIONAL cases, users can be registered by the Computing Centre. In that case you will have to fill out the registration form, print it, have it signed by the head of the department or promotor you are working for and send it to the Computing Centre (the exact address is indicated on the letter).

Beware: if you are only registered at the Computing Centre, a great number of Intranet applications will not be accessible to you.
The registration form can be found on


Once the registration has been done by the Computing Centre, we will send an e-mail with details on how to activate the computer account and e-mail address.

Peter Van Rossem - helpdesk@vub.ac.be


: :: ::: ::::