Identifier : www.ulb.ac.be/ceese/SMIS/CORDIS/11.htm
Supplemental_Information: Last metadata quality check: 07-Aug-1996
Title: Developpment of the complete ERTMS concept
Keywords: Safety, Transport
Objective : Main objectives:
The project is a part of a set of interlinked activities aimed at the development of a European wide common concept for a railway safe signalling system (ERTMS). In particular, the project covers the main industrial activities relating to the system design and prototyping.
This includes those activities aimed at :
1. To define an overall ERTMS System concept and system architecture.
2. To extend and consolidate the subsystems and interface specifications on the basis of the outlined system architecture.
3. To elaborate a common framework of technical tests, including specification of test scope, test procedures and test tools. This includes, in particular the 'specification for the functional and interoperability tests to be carried out in the Madrid-Seville High-Speed Line '(ERTMS-EMSET project)
4. To develop a set of common test tools for laboratory and on-site testing.
5. To demonstrate the technical feasibility of the ERTMS System concept, including main critical subsystems, based on the laboratory and simulator tests.
6. To establish a common approach for the assessment of system safety.
7. To complete the technical ERTMS specification on the basis of EEIG users functional and system requirements.
Period: 20 months
Parent: 4th FWP (Fourth Framework Programme)
Parent: EC program: TRANSPORT
Keywords: Rail transport - Compatability of train control systems
Supplemental_Information: EC Project Reference : PL95-312
Parent: Prime contractor organisation: Gec Alsthom Transport
Address: 33 rue des Bateliers
Relation: Contact Person: Name: PHILIPPE, Etienne (Mr)
Relation: Organisation Name: Alcatel Sel
Relation: Organisation Name: SIEMENS
Relation: Organisation Name: Westinghouse Signals
Location_Keywords: UNITED KINGDOM
Relation: Organisation Name: Sasib Railway
Relation: Organisation Name: ATSS
Relation: Organisation Name: ABB SIGNAL AB
Relation: Organisation Name: SEL SEN
Relation: Organisation Name: DIM
Relation: Organisation Name: ACEC Transport
Relation: Organisation Name: Ansaldo Trasporti
Relation: Organisation Name: CS Transport